Monday, February 16, 2009

New day care update

David's first day at his new day care was today. They wanted us there at 8:30 so we left the house 45 minutes later than normal, not the best way to start his day as he was already confused. We got there and his teacher decided to not come in today and they weren't quite sure what to do with David so that was also not a good sign. If they would have called me and told me his teacher was a no show, I wouldn't have brought him in.

He started in a room with another kiddo from his former day care center so that was fun. I put David in front of the fish tank and he seemed to like that and when I left he was trying to play with the other kids. When I called at 1 I was getting mixed reviews about his day, I think they were trying to tell me what I wanted to hear (although I wanted the truth). I picked him up at 4 (a bit early) and they said he was sad today.

Hearing my son was sad all day broke my heart. He was happy to see me but in the car he scowled at me and he was mad. I just really hope that each day gets a little bit better and I hope that his teacher is there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment